From the moment Barack Obama was inaugurated on January 20th, the leftists who control Congress have – at his behest – gone on a drunken binge of runaway spending vis-à-vis an $850-bilion faux “stimulus” program that rewards failure and punishes success. It is already clear that The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act should be renamed The American Relapse-And-Needs-Resuscitation Act, as is evidenced by both the simultaneous plunge of the Dow and the president’s polling numbers, as well as an epidemic case of buyer’s remorse.
· Rewarded terrorists by not interrogating them too roughly.
· Rewarded terrorists by closing Gitmo.
· Punished the U.S. military by halting commissions until Gitmo is “reviewed.”
· Rewarded the domestically-held terrorist Ali Saleh Kahlah al-Marri by “reviewing” his case.
· Rewarded Gitmo detainee Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, an al-Qaida suspect in USS Cole in 200, that killed 17 US sailors, by dropping charges against him.
· Rewarded terrorists from Hamas by granting them up to $20.3 million for the “conflict victims in Gaza.”
· Rewarded terrorists by establishing a redress process if those suspected of wrongdoing are delayed or prohibited from boarding a flight.
· Rewarded female career “victims” by signing the “Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act” so women can wage equal-pay lawsuits, not for up to 180 days but for decades in the past.
· Rewarded the American-hating president of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, by “reaching out” to him – to which the madman demanded that the U.S. apologize to Iran for its actions for” the past 60 years” and remove all U.S. forces from the Middle East.
· Rewarded labor unions by revoking a former executive order that forced employers to notify employees of their rights.
· Punished faith-based organizations by equating them with “neighborhood partnerships” like Planned Parenthood and ACORN – treating them ”like a house of God, in the eyes of the federal government.”
· Punished fair-hiring employers by requiring federal executives to hire union-only members.
· Punished the American people by issuing numerous draconian environmental dictates that insure zero energy independence for decades to come, if ever.
· Punished Americans by appointing chronic tax cheats and craven lobbyists to his cabinet and as advisors.
· Punished Americans by reversing every promise he made about transparency, bipartisanship, and having an economic-growth bill with no pork.
· Rewarded terrorists by authorizing $20.3 million to aid Palestinian refugees from Gaza – read Hamas – to “migrate.” But as journalist Judi McLeod and intelligence analyst Michael Travis have asked, “Is Obama opening the floodgates to Hamas” and “What security measures are in place to keep Hamas terrorists from gaining free access into the U.S.?”
· Punished Americans by not firing – or even sanctioning – Attorney General Eric Holder, who called America a “nation of cowards.”
· Punished Americans by moving the once-objective census process into the White House’s to be overseen by the Chicago-machine flunkie, Rahm Emanuel.
· And then there was the cringe-producing embarrassment he caused by granting his first interview to the Arab media, Dubai-based al Arabiya TV, where he proceeded to apologize for America’s “mistakes.”
The states now seeking sovereignty are expressing the fear that a new national government might seek to exercise powers not granted to the government and that states will lose their autonomy. In stark contrast are those who believe that Congress can enact – at the will or whim of the president – just about anything that strikes their socialist fancies.
The states seeking sovereignty believe that if enough states get on board, they could press their claims together and prevail. The federal government, they say, has no physical existence, except for the machinery that runs it, but that the states are the country!
As one blogger stated, “Whether they’re using a stick or a club, the states are drawing a line in the sand and placing the Federal Government on notice.”