I will leave it to these fine folks to encapsulate for us – what has transpired in the last 100 days of the Obama Regime.
100 DAYS…in Summary
By Keep Your Powder Dry
What WE are, and What Obama has done:
On the road to Obamanism, he has: Nationalized the Banks and Maintains Control
Controls the press through secret meetings.
Appoint intellectual infants to key posts, such as a DHS Secretary that doesn’t know the laws she has sworn to uphold, appoint a Taliban head to the Justice Department, nominates a porn lawyer, a perpetuator or racism asAttorney General, a tax cheat as Treasury Secretary.
Supports a back door approach to ‘banning’ guns.
And what is really scary is that someone wants him in the oval office forever.
But there is more analysis:
The President’s Radical Playbook
The evidence to date suggests that President Obama is not simply formulating his own goals, but has rooted it in the tactical prescriptions of leftist godfather Saul Alinsky.
Alinsky: “… taking a new step is what people fear most. Any revolutionary change must be preceded by a passive, affirmative, non-challenging attitude toward change among the mass of our people,” — according to Rules for Radicals: A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals, by Saul Alinsky, 1971, Random House
Is Mr. Obama a radical? Here are some of his stated objectives:
• He wants to dramatically expand government control over our health care system.
• He wants to enact a broad set of environmental controls and environmental taxes on the economy, with little apparent concern for the effect on business profitability and thus sustainability.
• He wants to abolish the right to a secret ballot in union organizing.
• He wants to subordinate American sovereignty to the United Nations by committing us to treaties and agreements on a wide variety of issues.
• He appears to be working to undermine popular support for the Second Amendment by repeating false statistics about gun violence. His few positive comments about ownership of firearms typically related to hunting and target-shooting, neither of which was the basis for the Second Amendment.
• He is appointing radical advocates of abortion to positions within his administration, including advocates of taxpayer-funded abortion and partial-birth abortion, and he moved within days of his inauguration to send taxpayer money to international organizations that perform abortions.
• He is moving to cut the budget of the Defense Department specifically to limit research into future combat systems that could more effectively protect America at a lower cost.
Note that all of these policy items were less urgent than the “stimulus” bill. The stimulus was an ingenious way to seize the opportunity presented by the recession. In fact, the purpose of the stimulus itself would have made Alinsky proud:
• Much of the stimulus money went toward “feeding and watering” of radical constituency groups such as ACORN and Planned Parenthood, as well as unions and government bureaucrats.
• Much of the stimulus money is in the form of “down payments” on questionable energy programs desired by liberal environmentalists or transportation programs designed to make it harder for individuals to own cars and easier for the government to force them into mass transit systems.
• Much of the stimulus money relies on the discredited notion that simply pushing money through the system — taking $10 out of one pocket and putting it into another — creates economic growth. In fact, it is entrepreneurship that creates growth, because it creates value.
• Some of the stimulus spending is designed with time bombs in the form of expansions of government health care initiatives that expire in a few years, “forcing” Congress to continue them. This was done on the front end to hold the official cost of the stimulus under a trillion dollars.
Mr. Obama pursues what is unquestionably the most radical agenda of an American President in decades, but he does it with a smile, and gentle words about the American dream and cutting taxes. As Alinsky said in Rules for Radicals, raving about “white racist[s]” and “fascist pig[s]” (or bombing the Pentagon) may feel good to a leftist organizer, but the responsible organizer blends into the community and avoids foolish risks that could get him shunned by regular members of the community.